Here is a quick assessment of English speaking countries and need for IT Labour:
- New Zealand: Skill IT Workers Desired
- Australia: Skill IT Workers Needed here and here (pdf link)
- Canada: Needs Cooks, Plumbers, and Mining Operators, but not IT Labour.
- United States - A bit more complicated, but it seems to be done through H-1B visa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa
- United Kingdom: I couldn't find anything specifically for IT, but it probably falls under the Highly Skill Migrant Programme. This looks like a preliminary test to judge your Academic background, earnings, age etc.
Of course there are heaps more English speaking countries in the world; I've only picked 4 of the larger nation (or popular) nations. Its hard to make an assessment based on that whether IT is dwindling, but I was certainly surprised to see one country (Canada) where IT is no longer a driving force to push skilled labour in their market